After an eye checkup, the ophthalmologist gives you the final verdict: you need to wear glasses. For that reason, you have to tone down buying for sale sunglasses in the Philippines because you need switch from groovy to glasses as prescribed by your eye doctor. However, this begs another question: will you wear glasses or contacts? Eyeglasses frames are plain while contact lenses have a rainbow of colors you can choose from. But enough about that, because wearing glasses is not all about aesthetics. Consider your lifestyle, budget and comfort before buying a pair. The list below may help you decide what kind of specs you should choose:
- Just put them on, and off you go! Always bring its case to put it right back whenever it is not in use. Glasses are at risk of scratches and breakage.
- No sterilization needed. As a precaution, never apply chemicals like alcohol when cleaning your glasses. It will peel off the original coating on the lens. Dishwashing soap will do the trick based on this article.
- It’s low maintenance. In effect, handle your glasses with utmost care. Plus, go with comfort because if the rims of the glasses are too tight for you, it will lead to headaches.
- Picking out the right eyeglasses frame enhances your personality and you can be fashionable at the same time. Some eyeglass frames, however, are not ideal for people with active lifestyles like athletes.
- It is perfect for those who have dry eyes. But it is not invincible to the elements such as rain or fog as these easily blur the lenses of your glasses.
- I don’t know about you, but it makes me cringe to put anything inside my eyes even if the purpose is to correct my vision. Yet, it doesn’t distort your peripheral vision and it is weightless.
- It complements your style and matches whatever you are wearing. You can also try special-effect contacts lenses if you are into cosplaying or simply want to experiment.
- It requires cleaning before you go to sleep at night. Don’t forget to remove your contacts to avoid suffering from eye irritation or any infections. Also, do not wear them when you are soaking in a tub or pool.
- It is good for people suffering from myopia but no not have dry eye syndrome. Contacts keeps oxygen flowing into your eyes according to AllAboutVision.com, as it covers the cornea. You may try using silicone hydrogel contact lenses or rigid gas permeable contact lenses to avoid this.
- It causes computer vision syndrome. When you’re in front of a computer or any digital screen devices, you’re eyes reduce its blink rate (the normal rate is 18 times per minute). Rest your eyes for about 12 seconds or better switch to computer eyeglasses to avoid eye strain or swelling.
Although, some prefer to use both, in case the eyes get tired using contacts all throughout the day and just put on glasses at night. As you have read, glasses and contacts have advantages and disadvantages, so you must weigh in your choices. Better yet, schedule an eye checkup with your ophthalmologist again to get a professional advice.